Beware suspicious phishing emails
13 January 2022
We have received reports of a ‘phishing’ scam impersonating FCDO Services.
If you receive an email claiming to be from our organisation that seems to be suspicious, it may be a phishing email.
A phishing email appears to be from a reputable source. But, in reality it’s sent from an outside party attempting to access personal or sensitive information, or obtain money from you illegally.
They do this by getting you to open an attachment containing malware or click on a link that redirects to a dangerous website.
Our organisation will only email you through an official government email address, ending with ‘gov.uk’.
The FCDO Services and FCDO Services Careers websites are our official sites, alongside our presence on GOV.UK.
The phishing scam email currently circulating uses FCDO Services logo, so may look genuine at first glance.
However, it takes you through to a dangerous website from a fake company. This is not associated with our organisation.
FCDO Services will never send you emails asking for any kind of sensitive information or cold call you.
What to do if you receive this scam email
- Do not click on any links in the scam email
- Do not reply to the email or contact the senders in any way
- If you have clicked on a link in the email, do not supply any information on the website that may open
- Do not open any attachments that arrive with the email
- Report the scam email to the National Cyber Security Centre
- Delete the phishing scam email
Think you’ve already submitted personal details? Contact FCDO Services immediately and report the incident to Action Fraud.
Get cyber smart
Discover more about internet safety, cyber security and the latest phishing scams below: