The standards you can expect from FCDO Services when we collect, hold or use your personal information
We will ensure that we will treat all personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 which incorporates UK GDPR.
When we collect, hold use or process in any way your personal data, you are entitled to be told:
- the purpose for which the data is being used, and our lawful basis for processing it
- how long we will keep your data and who we will share it with
- whether it will be transferred or accessed outside the UK, and what legal safeguards are in place to protect it
- about any rights you may have, including the right to access your information or to object to its being used
- about your right to complain to the Information Commissioner if you feel that your personal information has been mishandled
- about the identity of our Data Protection Officer (an independent adviser on data protection matters)
You are also entitled to have your personal information:
- protected and kept secure
- kept accurate and up to date
- not used for purposes which are incompatible with those for which it was collected
- kept only for as long as it is needed for the purpose for which it was collected (unless it must be kept as part of the historic record)
How to access your personal information
If you would like a copy of any personal information that we hold about you, please contact the Information Rights Unit at the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office, either by email or at the address below:
Information Rights Unit
Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office
King Charles Street
Our privacy notice explains in more detail how we will handle your data.
Data Protection Officer
If you have any concerns about how FCDO Services is handling your personal data, you may contact the Data Protection Officer (DPO).
The DPO provides independent advice and monitoring of FCDO Services’ use of personal information. The contact details are:
Victoria Muronen – Data Protection Officer (DPO)
Tel: 01908 745263
To get independent advice about data protection, privacy and data-sharing issues, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office:
Information Commissioner’s Office
If you are a Partner Across Government wishing to enquire about data sharing pursuant to the Data Sharing Governance Framework, please contact our Knowledge and Information Team.