Our Annual Report and Accounts for 2021/22
7 July 2022
The FCDO Services Annual Report and Accounts for 2021/22 has been published.
FCDO Services is a Trading Fund of the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) and is required to produce financial reports to be laid before Parliament.
Our report covers the period from 1 April 2021 to 31 March 2022. It contains details of the financial records and governance arrangements for the organisation, along with highlights of our operations and achievements.
Continuing to support UK interests in difficult times
Throughout the past year FCDO Services has continued to support the FCDO, UK government departments and our international partners. We are pleased to have achieved and exceeded our ministerial targets and ended the year in profit, paying a dividend to the FCDO.
Features of this year’s report include:
- details of our support for the FCDO through another year of the pandemic, and during international conflicts such as in Afghanistan and Ukraine
- UK NACE continuing to establish its position as a vital National Technical Authority, gaining essential funding from the Treasury for ongoing research and development
- the Sensitivity Review Service reaching a landmark in the digitisation of material for The National Archives
- an update on the completion of the construction work for the Ministry of Defence Remote Radar Head at Benbecula in the Outer Hebrides
- information about our Sustainability Improvement programme
Mike Astell, the Chief Executive of FCDO Services, said:
“Our financial performance for the year represents a good recovery from the impact of COVID. Our staff have again shown their agility and resilience in the face of challenging circumstances, and this has enabled us to continue to deliver an excellent service to our partners.”
Sir Simon Gass, Chair of the FCDO Services Board said:
“FCDO Services has come through with a performance that is not only financially strong, but has also delivered the sort of public service that makes me proud to chair the organisation. I would like to thank all FCDO Services staff in the UK and across the globe for their contribution and commitment and for the pride they take in supporting our country.”
Lord (Tariq) Ahmad of Wimbledon, Minister of State, FCDO said:
“On behalf of the Foreign Secretary I would like to thank all staff in FCDO Services for their incredible hard work in supporting the FCDO. We have been able to fully rely on them to be there when we need them, whether it’s to help with vaccine distribution or during an international crisis such as in Afghanistan or Ukraine.”
Annual Report and Accounts
View our full report and accounts for 2021/22 on GOV.UK.
Annual Report 2021/22 highlights
View the highlights from FCDO Services’ annual report, during our fourteenth year as a Trading Fund of the FCDO.