Our Annual Report and Accounts for 2022/23
6 July 2023
FCDO Services has published its Annual Report and Accounts for 2022/23 and this was laid before the UK Parliament on 6 July.
It includes our financial records and governance arrangements as a Trading Fund, as well as a summary of our key activities and success stories throughout the year. The report covers the period from 1 April 2022 to 31 March 2023.
FCDO Services has continued to be a strong partner to the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO), providing secure and critical services that underpin the diplomatic network. We have also provided essential support to other UK government departments and our international partners.
In this year’s report, we feature:
- an overview of how we provided valuable services to the FCDO in our united support for Ukraine. We supported our colleagues during the temporary closure of the British Embassy in Kyiv, and quickly adjusted to the rapidly evolving logistics needs of post
- how UK NACE through its extensive training curriculum enables government departments to better protect themselves against technical espionage and attacks. They are the National Technical Authority for Counter-Eavesdropping
- our experts work to sensitivity review vast amounts of annual records and files for His Majesty’s Treasury, while offering them a bespoke solution to make it more efficient to transfer their files to The National Archive
- details about our support helping the FCDO rollout their new IT platform Osprey, bringing all parts of their organisation onto one platform. This introduced new cloud-based devices and laptops, as part of the first stage of their rollout
- the completion of our Programme HYDRA, the build of secure Remote Radar Heads (RRH) for the Royal Air Force (RAF) at four sites across the UK. We have now successfully delivered the final RRH at Neatishead in Norfolk
- our close collaboration with the FCDO to strengthen their day-to-day delivery of the maintenance needed to keep their global estate safe and secure
Mike Astell, the Chief Executive of FCDO Services, said:
I continue to be impressed by the dedication and enthusiasm of our staff across the organisation, and thank them for making FCDO Services’ many achievements possible. We are committed to supporting the priorities of our customers as we strengthen our partnerships with them and cement our position as provider of choice. Our new strategy and structures implemented this year are helping us to make this happen as we continue to keep security at the heart of our business.”
Sir Simon Gass GCMG, Chair of the FCDO Services Board, said:
Chief Executive Mike Astell and his Executive team have shown great commitment to ensure the success of the Trading Fund this year, despite inflationary pressures, disrupted supply chains and a tightening jobs market. I would like to praise them for this strong financial performance and thank FCDO Services staff for their wide range of skills and professionalism.”