Ensuring your construction, security and IT projects are completed to the highest standards, on time and within budget
Unrivalled knowledge and experience of successfully managing complex government projects worldwide
End-to-end service from feasibility to handover
Our highly qualified project managers work to internationally recognised standards and best practice
Our professional and comprehensive project management teams ensure the efficient and effective delivery of your project – whatever its requirements, location or size.
We are expert at working in government. We have extensive experience of managing projects that keep people and information safe, globally. FCDO Services is a Member of the Association for Project Management (APM) and has APM corporate accreditation.
How project management works
We provide an end-to-end, whole-life service. Our project managers (PMs) ensure that projects provide the identified benefits on time and within budget. They also make sure there’s an ongoing focus on getting value for money.
Our PMs identify, recruit and manage the resources required for a project. They assemble and coordinate multi-disciplinary project teams – often within complex and diverse stakeholder environments across a wide range of cultures and locations. The teams they assemble will:
- advise on project feasibility
- develop options for design
- plan resources
- prepare the project for tender and implementation
- establish supply chains
- manage finances
- handle rollout and handover
Our PMs have a proven track record of working with a range of project partners, such as professional advisers and contractors, and different contract solutions.
Throughout the life of a project, our PMs:
- agree the procurement strategy, ensuring all procurement activity complies with government rules
- ensure that appropriate governance is in place
- provide regular progress reports about the works, project or programme
- report on financial control
- identify and develop solutions to any risks and issues
- respond quickly, decisively and appropriately to any changes
- advise on and manage the project throughout the works until handover
- enable a smooth transition into operations once the project works are complete
Our PMs think and act strategically and balance numerous competing issues and objectives to a successful resolution.
Our service to you
We understand your need for best value, cost and time control and high-quality work. We partner with you to interpret your requirements and provide pragmatic and workable solutions – from concept to completion.
Our PMs are embedded within a professional services team of construction, IT and security experts. These integrated services mean we can provide pragmatic solutions, helping you achieve maximum return on investment in projects. Our PMs have existing relationships with contractors and other professionals worldwide.