Year 12 STEM interactive event for students – 3 July 2023
14 June 2023
Are you or someone you know interested in exploring careers in a science, technology, engineering, or mathematics field? FCDO Services, HMGCC and UK NACE are excited to be jointly hosting an interactive STEM activity day for Year 12 students.
The event takes place on Monday 3 July, between 10:00-14:30, at Hanslope Park near Milton Keynes. It’s an invite only event, so make sure you apply and book your space by midday on Friday 23 June. Read on to discover more.
Who we are
Based at Hanslope Park, each organisation has a unique role to play in protecting the UK’s national security:
- FCDO Services is a trading fund of the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office. We work globally to design, build, secure and maintain embassies and government buildings across the world, while also protecting people, assets and information
- HMGCC are His Majesty’s Government Communications Centre. They are engineering specialists at the heart of the UK’s national security mission working with various government departments, academia, trusted partners, and international allies to create tools and technologies designed to help protect the nation by uniquely solving difficult and unpredictable problems in unique ways
- UK NACE are the National Authority for Counter-Eavesdropping. They are the technical experts in detecting, countering, and preventing close access technical espionage
What will be covered during the event
As a student, you will be able to:
- take part in a variety of interesting and exciting STEM activities. This includes indoor drone flying, cracking the code to operate a robot arm, using on site manufactured LED cars and meeting Spot UK NACE’s Boston Dynamic Dog – more commonly known as an agile mobile robot!
- have an opportunity to develop your skills around team working, problem solving and communication
- gain a brief insightful introduction to what we all do at Hanslope Park
- discover more about the fantastic apprenticeship opportunities we have on offer
Food and drink: Light refreshments will be provided. However, please bring your own lunch with you.
Location: Hanslope Park, Milton Keynes, England, MK19 7BH
Transport: Not provided to or from Hanslope Park. Please ensure you arrange this yourself separately.
How to apply
This opportunity is only open to Year 12 pupils. If you’re an educator, please share this event with your students.
To attend, register your interest with our FCDO Services HR Outreach Team by midday on Friday 23 June. We’ll then check that your eligible to join and get in touch with you to confirm your place.
Before you contact us, ensure you get permission from your parents or carers. You also need to gain approval from your educational establishment (whether that’s your school or college) to ensure you’re able to come along on the day.
Where to go for more information
Not sure if this event is right for you or your students, or want to discuss our career opportunities in more detail?
Get in touch with our FCDO Services HR Outreach Team to talk about it in more detail today!
Explore the wide variety of roles and careers we have on offer within our organisation, and see where your future could take you
FCDO Services are a signatory of The Tomorrow’s Engineers Code. We’re part of a community working to increase the diversity and number of young people entering engineering careers